Friday, March 23, 2007

Call me superstitious


Or even false belief, fear, apprehensive, credulous or afraid, I don't care. For years race car drivers have been superstitious. Show me a driver that says he isn't superstitious and I'll show you someone who doesn't really race cars. It can range from all sorts of little idiosyncrasies such as the order in which a driver gets dressed, the gloves he wears, not stepping on a crack or God knows what but we all have them. A few weeks ago my partner in crime and navigator called me to tell me he had just returned from dinner with his beautiful wife. I asked how dinner was but he all he wanted to tell me about was his fortune cookie. Afterwards he emailed me a photo of it I could only smile as I said to myself, "Yep, omens are a good thing."

There is an old saying that says, "A picture is worth a thousand words." In this case I couldn't agree more and this one says volumes.

2 comments:

George Sullivan said...

Gary
We had our lucky breasts in the car with us at all times if you look at the pictures of the restoration you can see them. A slight touch of the nipple and we were off and running. I guess I will have to post a picture of them and explain the whole story.

Gary Faules said...

Bring'em on!