Monday, June 04, 2007

Judging by the gauges....


At long last I have all the gauges installed into the gauge bezel. How many times have I seen cars either die along the road or on the track or literally go up in flames because those who call themselves mechanics didn't take the time to do a proper dash install. Now is the time to make sure wires are installed and soldered properly instead of sloppy electrical taping jobs or improper crimps that would have been better off with Scotch tape or cake frosting. After all the wires are finished behind the dash I will finalize the bezel install into the dash.

On another note, California's Best Racing Team would like to wish Rachel Larratt and her team all the best and let them know we are glad they are all safe. For those who haven't heard, after leaving Thunderhill Raceway after they finished running in a three hour endurance race somehow there tow vehicle and trailer (with race car inside) had an off-road excursion into the median. The last I heard they were still waiting to see how much damage there is. I don't have the full report yet as to what happened but my son and I were talking about how many times we have almost fallen to sleep after running an endurance race at Thunderhill.

3 comments:

Brett Svatek said...

I like the juxtaposition of the '65 gauge cluster and the desktop computer. Also, the passport in the corner of the photo adds some added intrigue. Nicely done

George Sullivan said...

Gary
We took extra care when wiring the car tested each circut before doing the final soldering it took more time but it sure beats a fire and this big old Irish ass can't jump like it used to especially when it's on fire. We got to know Rachel in Mexico one heck of a nice girl I hope all is well with her. Just think a few more months and the panic will set in.
george

Gary Faules said...

I have learned to always have my passport handy. There are times in a man's life when opportunity arises and the last thing you need is an excuse like, "I couldn't find my passport."

George,

You cracked me up sir. I'm Irish as well and come to think of it my big old Irish ass can't get far off the ground anymore either. One of my favorite Irish sayings is, "A bend in the road is not the end of the world, unless you fail to make the turn."

As soon as I learn more about Rachel and crew I will pass it along.