Tuesday, April 29, 2008

This print is a must have.


When I asked my friend Paul Chenard if he could whip up a little something special for the La Carrera get together in Los Angeles on May 10th I never had a clue what he was going to come up with. But since Paul sent me the first proof today I must say I am positively blown away. Anyone even remotely involved with the extraordinarily rich adventuresome and yes even romantic essence of La Carrera Panamericana will appreciate this amazing piece.


In 1953 World Champion Juan Manuel Fangio won the Pan Am for Lancia without winning one daily “leg.” But his accumulated time over the entire event was significantly lower than his nearest competitor. He knew how to pace himself and conserve his equipment when others were slowed by mechanical problems. This amazing tribute not only say a lot about Juan Fangio but in fact says a lot about anyone who has ever completed La Carrera Panamericana. This print would be an outstanding addition to any one's collection. For more information about this fine work or other works by Paul contact him at his site IMPRESSIONS OF SPEED.

No comments: