Saturday, September 27, 2008

One Of The Greats.... Gone


One of my fondest racing memories was the first time I met Paul Newman and all that led up to it, a day I will never forget. I remember how awestruck I was at the time like a kid the first time he talked with Santa Claus simply because he seemed bigger than life. That same awe remained for the next 30 years and I know it will remain with me for the rest of my life. Thank you Paul and Gods speed.

Legendary Actor Paul Newman Dies

WESTPORT, Conn. (Sept. 27) - Paul Newman, the Academy-Award winning superstar who personified cool as an activist, race car driver, popcorn impresario and the anti-hero of such films as "Hud," ''Cool Hand Luke" and "The Color of Money," has died. He was 83.

Newman died Friday after a long battle with cancer at his farmhouse near Westport, publicist Jeff Sanderson said. He was surrounded by his family and close friends.

1 comment:

F.O. said...

too Bad new :(
did you recived my emails?